Spotlight: revenue Increases at the Fire Industry Association
The new Fire Industry Association (FIA) website has made booking training and events so much easier than it has seen a significant increase in revenue. Members can get involved in the 150+ working groups and committees more easily, download documents and set their interest preferences for what types of information they want to see.
Providing training to the industry, the UK’s largest trade association has over 250 courses attracting over £1.2M worth of revenue a year.
There were lots of interesting aspects to this revenue transformation project, but what was notable was the full integration with its Microsoft Dynamics customer resource management (CRM) system. This allowed the FIA to automate online processes and effectively store contact data in one place.
Some of the integration highlights included:
- Event/training bookings being automatically logged against contacts in the CRM system
- Contact checking within the CRM system, updating the existing record rather than creating a duplicate
- Contact newsletter subscription and interest preferences
- Training dates and prices fed from the CRM system to the site with real-time management of spaces available
- Online membership enquiry and application fed directly into the CRM system
- Online member directory updated directly from the CRM system and filterable by geography, specialism, and services
- Working groups and council members able to manage group activity themselves, share documents and arrange meetings all via the member area of the site.
Internally, the new site has reduced the amount of administrative work required, allowing the FIA team to work more effectively. There has also been a marked reduction in the number of unnecessary calls into the association, with the public and members alike being able to find the information that they need more easily.
To discover more about the scale of the task, the data integrity checking, personalisation, taxonomy and beyond, read the full story here