What they wanted
Following a period of rapid membership growth, the FIA needed a site fully integrated with its Microsoft Dynamics customer relationship management (CRM) system to deliver a better service to members and non-members alike. Systems integration was essential, to automate online processes and effectively store contact data in one place. The Association wanted to empower members working in groups and committees to manage themselves and also wanted to make better use of its large library of publicly-accessible information, which had become lost on the existing site.
We delivered a website with full systems integration between Preside CMS and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We collaborated closely with SmartImpact, the FIA's CRM provider to ensure seamless integration across numberous data touch points.
Areas of integration included:
- Event/training bookings being automatically logged against contacts in the CRM system
- Contact checking within the CRM system, updating the existing record rather than creating a duplicate
- Contact newsletter subscription and interest preferences
- Training dates and prices fed from the CRM system to the site with real time management of spaces available
- Online membership enquiry and application fed directly into the CRM system
- Online member directory updated directly from the CRM system and filterable by geography, specialism and services
- Working groups and council members able to manage group activity themselves, share documents and arrange meetings all via the member area of the site.
The other main feature of the site was the information resource. A large amount of content (over 7,500 files) was migrated by Pixl8 to the new website, using a newly agreed tagging taxonomy. Member contacts are now able to select their areas of interest using the same taxonomy which allows relevant content to be displayed when they log in.
And then some
Overall, the website now reflects the breadth of content and activity the FIA offers, whilse providing a personalised service to members.
The association has seen a significant increase in revenue since the site went live. A user friendly booking journey has made it simple for members to book training courses, events, working groups and committees. Personalisation functionality also allows users to set their interest preferences for the types of information they want to see.
Internally, the new site has reduced the amount of administrative work required, allowing the team to work more effectively. There has also been a marked reduction in the amount of unnecessary calls into the association, with the public and members alike being able to find the information that they need more easily.